In a world where the thrill of adventure often intersects with practical utility, the use of All-Terrain Vehicles (#ATVs) and Utility Task Vehicles (#UTVs) has significantly risen. However, with this increase comes the crucial need for comprehensive safety training. At TriTech Safety & Training, we understand the excitement and utility these vehicles offer, but also recognize the risks involved. That’s why we offer specialized training courses for both recreational enthusiasts and professionals.
The Risk Factor
Operating an ATV or UTV isn’t as straightforward as it may seem. Incidents & statistics in Canada highlight a sobering reality – the potential for product damage, property destruction, and, most tragically, personal injury or death. This risk magnifies in a work setting, where the surrounding environment and the task at hand can further complicate operations.
Our Solution: Comprehensive Training
Our ATV/UTV safety training course is designed to imbue participants with not just the skills, but also the understanding of basic safety requirements necessary to operate these vehicles. We cover a range of topics:
- Safety requirements as per OH&S: We align our training with the Occupational Health and Safety standards to ensure your operations are legally compliant and safe.
- Traffic, pedestrian, and off-highway rules: Understanding these regulations helps prevent accidents in varied environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment (#PPE) and vehicle safety features: Knowledge of proper gear and vehicle safety aids in preventing accidents.
- Pre-use and post-use inspections: These crucial checks can be the difference between a safe ride and a hazardous situation.
- Safe transportation and operation practices: Learn the best practices for moving and operating these vehicles to minimize risk.
Theory is vital, but practice makes perfect. Our course includes a practical component where students complete a pre-inspection checklist and demonstrate safe operation of the equipment. Remember, PPE and Transport Canada approved head protection (i.e., helmets) are mandatory for this training.
Accessibility and Flexibility
We offer this course at our facility as demand requires. Otherwise, it’s available primarily as offsite training – at your location, with your equipment. This flexibility ensures that groups of a minimum of 6 participants can receive our training in a setting most convenient for them.
Certification and Duration
Upon successful completion, which includes a practical component and a written exam with a minimum score of 70%, participants will receive a temporary #Certificate of Completion. A permanent certification, valid for 3 years, will be mailed to your employer within 30-days. The course spans approximately half a day, making it a concise yet comprehensive training session.
Investing in ATV/UTV safety training is not just a regulatory requirement; it’s a commitment to safety and responsibility. Whether for leisure or work, the skills and knowledge gained from our course at TriTech Safety & Training can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and injuries. Register today for either our In-House or Offsite Course, and take the first step towards safer ATV/UTV operations.