Upon the completion of this course, participants will understand the basic techniques required to effectively utilize a 30 lb. dry chemical fire extinguisher in a ‘live’ fire application and will understand the basics of Fire & Explosion Hazard Management (FEHM).
- Elements of fire
- Chemistry of fire extinguishment
- Dry chemical
- Application equipment
- Stages of the FEHM process
- Fire & explosion hazard assessment strategies, hazard controls & prevention plan (FEPP)
- Fire extinguisher equipment inspection & maintenance
- Roles, responsibilities & communication
- Reporting, investigating & communicating fire explosion incidents
Included is a practical portion of training in which participants are required to extinguish a live fire with a 30 lb. dry chemical extinguisher at increasing levels of difficulty.
Upon successful completion students will have the ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills.
Expiry: 3 years