Upon the completion of this course, participants will understand the fundamentals of a telehandler (also known as a zoom boom), its safety features, and safe operation.
- General safety, policies & responsibilities
- Telehandler fundamentals
- Telehandler balance, stability & capacity
- Identifying hazards
- Identifying controls and their functions
- Pre-operational inspection
- Importance of maintenance
- Safe practices
- Safe load handling
This course includes a practical component where students complete a pre-inspection checklist and then demonstrate safe operation of the equipment.
IMPORTANT: Steel toe/work boots are required. Full PPE is suggested.
Upon successful completion of the practical components and the written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
Duration: Half-day (approx. 4 hrs)
Certification: TriTech Safety & Training Inc. Expiry: 3 years