Upon the completion of this course, participants will understand how to correctly complete their logbooks. Participants study transportation regulations as it pertains to federal hours of service and how to properly record that service.
- Responsibilities of motor carriers, shippers, consignees, and others
- Responsibilities of driver’s safety officers, dispatchers, and managers
- Required off-duty time
- Limitations on driving in on-duty times
- Daily log requirements
- Sleeper berth usage by teams and single drivers
- Emergency and adverse driving conditions
- Radius record requirements
- Monitoring of driver’s compliance by motor carriers
- Carrier’s policies/procedures that may be beyond regulatory requirements
- Enforcement (on road and administrative)
- Scheduling and dispatching
- Carrier internal monitoring to determine if the program is it effective
This course meets the criteria set out by the Alberta Department of Transportation.
Upon successful completion students will have the ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills.
Expiry: 3 years