Upon the completion of this course, participants will understand how to correctly complete their logbooks. Participants study transportation regulations as it pertains to federal hours of service and how to properly record that service. *Please note: This course is not included in our regular course schedule. If you wish to book a private or offsite course, please contact us and we’d be happy to accommodate.
Online Options: Whether your company is provincially or federally regulated, we offer both training options through our online training portal. These can be found under the Online Courses tab above.
- Responsibilities of motor carriers, shippers, consignees, and others
- Responsibilities of driver’s safety officers, dispatchers, and managers
- Required off-duty time
- Limitations on driving in on-duty times
- Daily log requirements
- Sleeper berth usage by teams and single drivers
- Emergency and adverse driving conditions
- Radius record requirements
- Monitoring of driver’s compliance by motor carriers
- Carrier’s policies/procedures that may be beyond regulatory requirements
- Enforcement (on road and administrative)
- Scheduling and dispatching
- Carrier internal monitoring to determine if the program is it effective
This course meets the criteria set out by the Alberta Department of Transportation.
Upon successful completion of the written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
Duration: Half-day (approx. 4 hrs)
Certification: TriTech Safety & Training Inc. Expiry: 3 years