From problem wildlife & bears, to harmful plants & insects, this course offers a wide range of information that will assist participants in handling most situations they may encounter in the outdoors. *Please note: This course is not included in our regular course schedule. If you wish to book a private or offsite course, please contact us and we’d be happy to accommodate.
Online Options: Whether you require training in Wilderness Awareness, Bear Awareness, or both, we offer various training options through our online training portal. These can be found under the Online Courses tab above.
- Different types of bears & identifiers
- Bear encounters
- Bear attack preparedness
- Bear attractant management
- Bear deterrents (bear spray, bear bangs)
- Prevention of bear problems
- Problem wildlife (cougars, coyotes, foxes, bobcat, moose, deer, etc.)
- Insects (ticks, spiders, etc.)
- Poisonous plants
Upon successful completion of the written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
Duration: Half-day (approx. 4 hrs)
Certification: TriTech Safety & Training Inc. Expiry: 3 years