Upon the completion of this course, participants will understand the fundamentals of a skid steer, its safety features, and the safe operation practices.
- General safety, policies & responsibilities
- Skid steer fundamentals
- Skid steer balance, stability & capacity
- Identifying hazards
- Identifying controls and their functions
- Pre-operational inspection
- Importance of maintenance
- Safe practices
- Safe load handling
This course includes a practical component where students complete a pre-inspection checklist and then demonstrate safe operation of the equipment.
IMPORTANT: Steel toe/work boots are required. Full PPE is suggested.
Upon successful completion of the practical components and the written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
Duration: Half-day (approx. 4 hrs)
Certification: TriTech Safety & Training Inc. Expiry: 3 years