Participants will learn to identify the various types of hazards that may occur when working within or around a confined space. Participants will demonstrate practical skills with a breathing apparatus, and enter a confined space simulator to understand what it is like to work within a confined space.
- Definition of a confined space and a restricted space
- Hazard assessments , controls, and elimination
- Hazardous substances and energy
- Unauthorized entry
- Atmospheric testing
- Ventilation, purging & interting
- Emergency response
- Monitoring (tending worker/safety watch)
- ‘Basic’ knowledge of confined space rescues
- Confined space rescue categories (self-rescues & non-entry rescues)
This course includes a practical portion of training in which the students are to enter a confined space simulator.
Upon successful completion students will have the ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills.
Expiry: 3 years