Participants will learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments.
All workers in the oil and gas industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S. This class includes both physical and theory portions.
- H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control – Including H2S case studies
- Respiratory Protective Equipment – Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Detection of H2S – Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies
Participants will engage in hands-on training activities such as donning and doffing SCBA’s, rescue drags & gas detection.
Upon successful completion of the required practical skills and written exam with a minimum score of 70% you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
IMPORTANT:Government issued photo ID is required.
Duration: 1 Day
Certification: Energy Safety Canada Expiry: 3 years