Participants will learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments.
All workers in the oil and gas industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S. This class includes both theory and hands-on practical portions.
- H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations – Including worker exposure limits
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (Practical)
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy – 7 steps
- Rescue Techniques (Practical)
Participants will engage in hands-on training activities such as donning and doffing SCBA’s, rescue drags & gas detection. If you anticipate trouble in any of these areas, please notify our administrative staff prior to your course enrollment.
Upon successful completion of the required practical skills and written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
IMPORTANT:Government issued photo ID is required.
Duration: Full Day (approx. 8 hrs)
Certification: Energy Safety Canada Expiry: 3 years