Participants will engage in hands-on training and learn the properties of gases, PPE requirements, how monitors and testing devices work and why placement is important. This course stresses the importance of function testing (bump testing) before operating any gas monitor. Students are led through a typical function test and learn what to look for when function testing.
- Hazard assessment, control & elimination
- Hazardous, explosive & toxic gases
- Types of testing devices
- Maintenance of gas monitors
- Potential hazards & suggested controls
- Testing strategies
- Record keeping for gas testing
Upon successful completion students will have the ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills.
Expiry: 3 years