VALID FALL PROTECTION CERTIFICATION IS A PREREQUISITE FOR THIS COURSE.
This safety training course will allow participants to understand the how to safely operate all aerial lifts (including but not limited to: scissor lifts & boom lifts).
- Rescue plan, safe operation, pre-use inspection and site hazard inspection
- Importance of the operators manual
- Different types of aerial work platforms, and the advantages/disadvantages of each
- Preventing injuries, fatalities, and property damage
- Fall protection and Alberta fall protection standards – OH&S Part 9
- Different types and forms of safety devices
- Emergency descent system, function tests and fundamentals of safe operation
- Lock out tag out
- Types of counterweights and their effects on stability of an Aerial Work Platform (AWP)
Included is a practical portion of training.
Upon successful completion students will have the ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills.
Expiry: 3 years