VALID FALL PROTECTION TRAINING IS A PREREQUISITE FOR THIS COURSE
This safety training course will allow participants to understand the how to safely operate all aerial lifts (including but not limited to: scissor lifts & boom lifts). *According to OH&S legislation, there is no-longer specific training requirements for different boom heights (i.e under 80 ft, over 80 ft, etc.).
- Rescue plan, safe operation, pre-use inspection and site hazard inspection
- Importance of the operators manual
- Different types of aerial work platforms, and the advantages/disadvantages of each
- Preventing injuries, fatalities, and property damage
- Fall protection and Alberta fall protection standards – OH&S Part 9
- Different types and forms of safety devices
- Emergency descent system, function tests and fundamentals of safe operation
- Lock out tag out
- Types of counterweights and their effects on stability of an Aerial Work Platform (AWP)
This course includes a practical component where students complete a pre-inspection checklist and then demonstrate safe operation of the equipment.
IMPORTANT: A valid Fall Protection training ticket must be presented at sign-in. Steel toe/work boots are required. Full PPE is suggested.
Upon successful completion of the practical components and the written exam with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
Duration: Half-Day (approx. 4 hrs)
Certification: TriTech Safety & Training Inc. Expiry: 3 years