Common Safety Orientation (Energy Safety Canada)
Common Safety Orientation (CSO) is designed for new workers in the oil & gas industry. CSO provides consistent safety messaging that clearly explains safe work practices and eliminates the need for redundant orientation training. This course is available in-class through TriTech Safety & Training Inc, or online through Energy Safety Canada.
Workers should consult their employer to determine which orientation is accepted on their work sites.
- Personal accountability for a safe work environment
- Arriving ready to work
- Major hazards in the oil and gas industry
- The 10 Life Saving Rules
- Worksite maintenance
- Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Safe work communications
- Contributing to a respectful workplace
Upon successful completion of the written exam with a minimum score of 80%, you will receive a permanent Certificate of Completion.
IMPORTANT: Government issued photo ID is required.
Duration: Half-day (approx. 4 hours)
Certification: Energy Safety Canada Expiry: N/A